Kevin Hart might be the biggest comedian in the world right now, but his commitment to staying in shape is no joke.
The October 2016 Men’s Fitness cover star and superstar funnyman has transformed himself into one of the fittest people in Hollywood, going from “fake shape” (his words) into a shredded workout warrior equipped with a six-pack and a jacked upper body.
But Hart’s transformation didn’t happen overnight. In his intense workout routine (which he detailed for Men’s Fitness), Hart worked with trainer Ron “Boss” Everline to pack on muscle.
Hart’s upper body workout doesn’t have complicated moves or exercise trends—he keeps it classic to make sure he can go toe-to-toe with Jumanji and Central Intelligence co-star Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.
Just like Johnson, Hart enjoys early morning workouts and posting his progress on social media. With his Hustle Hart signature training sneakers from Nike and his enthusiasm for the gym, Hart has become a must-follow on Instagram.
Here are 25 times Kevin Hart hustled harder than everyone else in the gym:
25. Hart loves nothing more than getting in a good run:
24. Hart bangs out some moves for the “pullup challenge” and gets it done with ease:
23. Hart gets his shredded six-pack by getting workouts in on his lunch break:
22. Hart busts out a barbell, some dumbbells, and a plate for a full-body workout:
21. Hart gets some workout inspiration on the bench press from Steelers linebacker James Harrison (see 30 times the NFL star crushed massive weight in the gym):
20. Hart never takes off—his lunch break is the perfect time for a workout:
19. Hart sharpens up his fighting skills with a boxing workout:
18. With a little resistance behind him, Hart gets in some med ball slams in the gym:
17. Hart and wife Eniko Parrish get together for a big sled workout:
16. Hart pumps things up on the bench:
Little man is getting stronger. I threw up 225 3x clean & I only weigh 145….I'm not gaining weight I'm just gaining muscle & leaning out. I have some serious body goals that I'm trying to reach before this summer and you can bet your ass that I'm going to achieve them. I get better with time damn it!!!! The road to becoming the best version of myself is still in session!!!! #HustleHart #MoveWithHart ….Shout out to my trainer @Justtrain1
15. Hart and Parrish sit down for a dumbbell workout:
Build muscle with this 30-minute dumbbell workout program from Men’s Fitness.
14. NFL star Ndamukong Suh adds some extra weight to the sled as Hart gets a workout in:
13. Hart gets his hustle going with band workouts, situps, pullups, and dumbbell stepups:
12. Hart pumps his biceps with some barbell curls:
Want to blast your biceps, lats, and core? Here are 6 ways you can do it.
11. Just like his good buddy Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Hart gets it going with a rope workout (Henry Cavill and Jason Momoa like them too):
10. Hart adds a twist to his dumbbell raises—and check out his shredded back and shoulders:
9. Even when he’s on set and working late, Hart is always training:
8. Hart flashes his ripped biceps as he does barbell curls with 90 pounds on each side:
Build some serious size on your arms with this 4-move dumbbell workout from Men’s Fitness.
7. Hart gets in some barbell work and box jumps for this training session:
6. Hart works his core and hits his abs in this session:
Get the six-pack you always wanted and blast your core with the 30 best ab exercises of all time from Men’s Fitness.
5. After Central Intelligence hits big at the box office, Hart goes for a big lift on the bench to celebrate:
Morning motivation & laughs with @justtrain1 & @wayne215 Central Intelligence cracked 35million for the weekend & I'm super pumped about it!!! I'm in the gym whooping these weights ass 😂😂😂😂 #MoveWithHart #HustleHart #Centralintelligence #NowPlaying #BossBreatheBeStankingInTheMorning #WayneHadAholeInHisTights #ThatsStill225OnTheBench #LittleManIsStong #GoSeeMyMovie #iAteTWOofThemTho #iWillWhoopTheRocksAss
4. Hart jumps from pushups to the bench and back in this workout:
Increase your strength and build you chest with these 15 pushup variations from Men’s Fitness.
3. Hart gets a big lift going in his morning workout:
2. Hart gets things going with a back squat for this workout:
Boost your back squat and hit the number your looking for with these 3 tips from Men’s Fitness.
1. Hart makes some personal progress with this lift on the bench: