Manual Resistance Lateral Flexion
This exercise will build the lateral flexors of the sides of your neck, often neglected in regular training because of the uncommon movement from side to side.
- Sit upright on a bench with a neutral head position.
- Have your partner put his hands around the side of your head, just above your ears.
- Have your partner apply resistance as you laterally flex the neck, pulling your ear toward your shoulder.
- Being careful not to force extra range of motion, resist your partner attempting to pull your head back to the start position.
- Repeat for 8-10 rep for 2-3 sets on each side.