Snow Angel Foam Roller Stretch
In addition to static stretches, it’s important to move your shoulder through a full range of motion while stretching in order to improve functional mobility. Joanna Hoch, a personal trainer and yoga instructor with DIAKADI who specializes in calisthenics, suggests the foam-roller snow angel movement.
- Lie on top of a long foam roller with your head at one end and your tailbone at the other.
- Place your hands at your sides, palms facing down, thumbs touching the roller.
- Take a moment to breathe deeply. You should maintain this deep, steady breathing throughout your stretch.
- Slowly sweep your arms out to the side, then over your head, as if making a snow angel.
- Try to keep your fingers in contact with the floor as you perform the movement, but allow you palms to rotate naturally as you move your arms. They will naturally rotate from facing down to facing up.
- Slowly reverse the movement, bringing your arms back to your sides. That’s a single repetition.
- Perform a total of 10 to 20 repetitions.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top