Sex is great, but it’s not without flaws. Weird sounds and awkward positions aside, a romp between the sheets can be a serious wakeup call (if not a little embarrassing) if your endurance isn’t up to par.
Celebrity trainer Jay Cardiello has created a workout to build up your bedroom stamina. While we can’t promise these moves will make you last longer in certain regards, you can at least ensure your muscles won’t go before you or your partner does.
HOW IT WORKS:
Your bed can be an effective place to perform both cardiovascular and strength protocols, which can benefit the muscles commonly engaged during sex. In comparison to a balance board or a stability ball, the bed will assist in the development of proprioception, which is basically the feedback loop between the body and the brain. So, when a man is performing the following exercises on an unstable surface (in this case a bed), he will be training his brain to make adjustments to the body’s position based on the circumstance. The body then reacts by re-stabilizing, which has multiple benefits. The constant repositioning and balance adjustments that you will have to make on a bed means that in the heat of the moment, you’ll be able to securely hold her favorite position without having to worry about the possibly of fatigue or, worse, cramping.
Directions: Perform as many reps of each exercises as you can in 60 seconds on a bed. Do not rest between protocols. Repeat as many times as possible and refrain from taking any water breaks.
1. Pushup: Basic pushups will train for strength and increase muscle endurance. The chest muscles are the focus of the pushup. Strong, dense pecs will aid in supporting you during the standard missionary position. Assisting throughout this movement are the triceps and deltoids, which, when trained properly, will stabilize your body for proper form when you’re on top.
2. Elevator Lifts: Taking your body from the standard pushup position, quickly and forcefully lower you body to a plank position in which your elbows now take the place of your hands. Then, in one swift motion, replace your hands where your elbows rested and repeat as fast as possible. This protocol develops core and posterior strength.
3. Rip Cords: As you lift you body back to the standard pushup position, quickly drive your right knee across the mid-line of your core. Then, as soon as your right foot retracts back to its original position, forcefully drive your left in the same manner across the mid-line of your core. Repeat as many times as possibly for 60 seconds. This will pump your lower extremities into exhaustion and drive your testosterone into high gear.
4. Body Rocks: Begin by sitting on the bed with your legs extended in front of you and your arms resting at your sides. Support your upper body on your palms with your fingers pointing behind you, and raise your hips and bend your knees until your feet are flat on the bed (like you’re about to do a crab walk). Then, in one forceful action, drive pressure into your hands and feet. Straighten your elbows and drive your hips and chest up toward the ceiling in order to form a straight line, making your body appear like a table. Hold the position and squeeze your glutes. Retract, and forcefully repeat.
5. Body Rock Reachers: Elevate your body into the table top position and hold. Contract your glutes for as long as possible throughout this protocol. In the heightened table top position, forcefully punch towards the ceiling with your right hand. Then, retract and repeat with your left. Repeat for as many times as possible in order to develop stamina and core strength.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!