3. High-Pulley Oblique Cable Crunch
Again, side crunches on the floor will only get you so far. You can replicate that motion from a standing position with this exercise…and against resistance, which is likely a missing element of your obliques training.
How to do it:
- Set up the high-pulley cable machine by attaching a D-handle and selecting the weight you want to use.
- Starting on your right side, grasp the handle slightly behind your head, feet shoulder-width apart.
- Crunch your right obliques hard to pull the weight down and hold for a peak contraction before resisting the weight back up.
- Do all reps for one side before switching. Perform 3-4 sets of 10-12 reps.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top