Pool: Go the Distance
Iwaniuk suggests this workout to try going longer distances in the pool. You’ll need a kickboard and a pool buoy, which is held between your legs so that you can’t kick, forcing you to only use your upper body.
- Warm up on the pool deck with three sets of 30 seconds maximum pushups, 30 seconds maximum air squats, and 45 seconds jumping rope.
- Get in the water and go three lengths of the pool using dolphin dives.
- Swim 300 meters with a pull buoy.
- Swim 250 meters with a kickboard.
- Swim 200 meters freestyle at a steady pace without stopping at 60-percent effort. Catch your breath and repeat two more times.
- Swim 150 meters at a steady pace without stopping at 75-percent effort. Catch your breath and repeat five more times, alternating between freestyle and backstroke.
- Swim 500 meters freestyle at a steady pace without stopping at 50-percent effort. Catch your breath and repeat two more times.
- Swim 200 meters freestyle without stopping at 95-percent effort. Catch your breath and then repeat, trying to make your second 200 meters go faster than your first.
- Cool down with an easy 300 meter swim using any stroke you’d like.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top