This is sponsored content. Men’s Journal is not endorsing the websites or products set forth below.
Did you know that your body starts losing testosterone after 30? The rate of decline is only about 1% a year. So, you may not feel a sudden change. But, with age, you will tire easily, start noticing those extra pounds of fat around your waist, and prefer to doze off rather than spend a passionate night with your partner.
You may brush it off as “age-related problems,” but the fact is that many of these may be caused by your declining testosterone. Now, aging is inevitable, and none of us can remain young forever. But, by addressing the declining testosterone issue, you can retain your vitality longer.
There are several ways to boost your testosterone levels. One of the most safest ways is to take a natural testosterone booster. Don’t worry. These do not contain anabolic steroids, and they do not pose any nasty side effects. They will help your body produce testosterone naturally and prevent its loss in certain ways.
To make your job easier, we have selected five of the best testosterone boosters on the market right now. We will review them for you, and answer some common questions.
Top 5 Best Testosterone Boosters & Testo Supplements:
- TestoPrime – Best Testosterone Boosting Supplement On The Market
- Testogen – Most-Trusted Testosterone Supplements For Men
- TestoMax – Preferred Male Testosterone Booster For Muscle Gain
- Prime Male – Recommended Testosterone Booster Pills For Men Over 50
- TestRX – Testosterone Pills & Vitamins To Boost Testosterone Levels
Here are the detailed reviews of our top picks:
#1. TestoPrime – Best Testosterone Boosting Supplement On The Market
Made with only natural ingredients, TestoPrime can be used by any man above 18 who lacks healthy testosterone levels.
It’s free of nuts, soy, dairy, grain, gluten, fillers, additives, and dyes, and has no known side effects. However, we would urge you to consult a doctor before taking TestoPrime or any other supplement.
Most consumers of TestoPrime see positive results within a few weeks, but you must remember that the effects vary from person to person. You have to take the suggested dosage daily for at least three months to see effective results.
However, if you see no results even after that, or the results are unsatisfactory, you can use the company’s lifetime money-back guarantee offer to get a refund. To be eligible for that, you must use TestoPrime for at least 30 days. You can return the empty container and any unused containers to get a full refund of the product price, minus shipping and handling.
TestoPrime is shipped internationally. If you live in the US, you will receive your order within five to seven business days. If you live outside the US, you can expect it within 10 to 15 days.
- D-aspartic acid: This amino acid supports the production of luteinizing hormone (LH) and helps increase testosterone levels
- Panax ginseng: This potent antioxidant can boost energy levels and help you fight fatigue
- KSM 66® ashwagandha extract: It can support existing testosterone in the body
- Fenugreek: Boosts energy and stamina
- Green tea extract: The epigallocatechin gallate compounds (EGCG) in green tea can help prevent reductions in testosterone levels
- Pomegranate extract: The polyphenol antioxidants in pomegranates support powerful blood flow for improved stamina
- Vitamin D: Improves mood, bone density, immune system, and testosterone levels.
- Zinc: Helps slow down the conversion of testosterone into estradiol, the female hormone
- Vitamin B6: Helps support and maintain normal, healthy testosterone levels
- Vitamin B5: In the form of calcium pantothenate, it helps convert fat into energy and supports healthy testosterone levels
- Garlic extract: Can increase testosterone levels
- Piperine: Can improve the absorption of other ingredients
- Enhanced testosterone level and its related advantages
- Increased physical and mental energy
- Increased confidence and better mood
Take four TestoPrime capsules every morning before breakfast.
- Scientifically researched formula
- Natural ingredients
- Safe with zero side effects
- Proven effective dosages
- No prescription required
- Manufactured in FDA-approved facilities in the US and the UK
- 100% lifetime money-back guarantee
- One-time payment only, no subscription charges
- Only available online
- Four-pill dosage is slightly inconvenient
#2. Testogen – Most-Trusted Testosterone Supplements For Men
Manufactured by Muscle Club Limited and made with clinically backed natural ingredients, Testogen is also meant for men aged 18 or older.
Muscle Club Limited has been a trusted name in the health and fitness industry since 1999. Its supplements are manufactured in FDA-approved facilities using premium and effective ingredients. The company works with health consultants, nutrition experts, and fitness professionals to guide you about healthy living, exercise, diet, and nutrition on its blog.
Muscle Club Limited offers free delivery worldwide on most items. If your delivery is not free, you will see the charges in the product description and at checkout.
The approximate delivery time is three to seven working days in the US and the UK, three to 20 working days in the EU, and five to 21 working days in the rest of the world. Any import duties or customs charges have to be paid separately by you.
However, if you are unhappy with the results of Testogen, you can send an email to the company within 100 days of receiving your order and get a refund, excluding shipping or admin charges. To know more about shipping, visit this link.
- D-Aspartic Acid: This amino acid supports the production of luteinizing hormone (LH) in the pituitary gland. LH stimulates the Leydig cells in your testes to produce and release testosterone.
- Fenugreek Extract: Furostanolic saponins contained in fenugreek likely boost testosterone production by inhibiting the enzymes that convert testosterone into estrogen.
- Zinc: Zinc plays such a vital role in testosterone production, and low testosterone levels are often related to a zinc deficiency.
- Vitamin D3: Vitamin D plays a vital role in increasing testosterone levels.
- Korean Red Ginseng Extract 4:1: Korean ginseng or Panax ginseng enhances testosterone levels and provides libido-boosting benefits.
- Boron: Boron may increase testosterone metabolism, i.e., it helps convert the total testosterone in your body into free testosterone. Boron does this by reducing your blood levels of SHBG (sex hormone-binding globulin), which binds itself to testosterone and prevents the body from using it. It also decreases estradiol, the female hormone, which can cause your testosterone levels to decline.
- Nettle Leaf Extract 4:1: The lignan compounds of nettle leaves also prevent SHBG from binding itself to testosterone and create more free testosterone.
- Magnesium: This mineral increases both free and total testosterone. However, you need to be active to enjoy the testosterone boost from magnesium.
- Vitamin B6: Vitamin B6 deficiency leads to lower testosterone and increased estrogen. B vitamins also keep you healthy overall.
- Vitamin K1: Vitamin K helps your body absorb Vitamin D.
- Bioperine® 95% Piperine: Derived from black pepper, Bioperine increases the bioavailability of the other ingredients.
- Other ingredients: Hypromellose (vegetable capsule), maltodextrin, silica, magnesium stearate.
- Boosts testosterone production
- Increases free testosterone levels
- Slows conversion of testosterone into estrogen
Take four capsules daily, 20 minutes before breakfast, for best results.
- Free of fillers, chemicals, synthetic ingredients, GMO, soy, gluten, dairy, and caffeine
- Made in the US and the UK in FDA-approved facilities
- Free worldwide shipping on all orders
- 100-day unconditional money-back guarantee
- Attractive discounts and savings on bundles
- A four-pill dosage at a time may seem a bit inconvenient
#3. TestoMax – Preferred Male Testosterone Booster For Muscle Gain
TestoMax is a product of CrazyBulk, which has been producing natural and legal alternatives to steroids for the past six years. It is a well-known company that sponsors sporting events and has been featured by the Generation Iron fitness network.
CrazyBulk ships all orders across the world for free. All orders are processed within 24 to 48 hours. In the US, orders are delivered within three to seven working days; in the UK, within two to five working days; in Europe, within three to 10 working days; and in the rest of the world, within five to 15 working days.
Unlike most other good supplement companies, the company offers no money-back guarantee. You can return unopened items in their original packaging within 14 days of delivery to get a refund or exchange.
- 2,352 mg of D-aspartic acid: This vital amino acid regulates testosterone and growth hormone levels. It supports the production of luteinizing hormone (LH) in the pituitary gland. LH stimulates the Leydig cells in your testes to produce and release testosterone.
- 200 mg of magnesium: This mineral increases both free and total testosterone. However, you need to be active to enjoy the testosterone boost from magnesium.
- 52 mg of Vitamin D3: Vitamin D is significantly linked to testosterone production. Men with Vitamin D deficiency have lower testosterone levels.
- 40 mg of nettle leaf extract: The lignan compounds of nettle leaves prevent SHBG (sex hormone-binding globulin) from binding itself to testosterone and create more free testosterone.
- 40 mg of Korean red ginseng extract: Korean ginseng or Panax ginseng enhances testosterone levels, boosts libido, and improves sexual performance.
- 40 mg of fenugreek extract: Furostanolic saponins contained in fenugreek likely boost testosterone production by inhibiting the enzymes that convert testosterone into estrogen.
- 20 mcg of Vitamin K1: Vitamin K1 helps your body make the most of Vitamin D.
- 20 mg of Vitamin B6: Vitamin B deficiencies are linked to lower testosterone levels.
- 10 mg of zinc: Zinc plays such a vital role in testosterone production, and low testosterone levels are often related to a zinc deficiency.
- 8 mg of boron: Boron may increase testosterone production & metabolism, i.e., it helps convert the total testosterone in your body into free testosterone. Boron does this by reducing your blood levels of SHBG, which binds itself to testosterone and prevents the body from using it. It also decreases estradiol, the female hormone, which can cause your testosterone levels to decline.
- 5 mg of Bioperine® 95% piperine: This one boosts the bioavailability of every other ingredient.
- Enhanced energy and endurance
- Muscle mass growth
- Increased strength
- Improved mood and self-esteem
Take four pills a day. Learn more about usage in this guide.
- Safe, natural, and free of side effects
- Well-researched formula
- Made with the finest ingredients
- Made in a GMP-approved facility
- Free worldwide shipping
- Free bottles in bundles
- No satisfaction guarantee
- The website does not have enough information about dosage
#4. Prime Male – Recommended Testosterone Booster Pills For Men Over 50
A blend of 12 natural nutrients, Prime Male, is formulated for men aged 30 or more whose natural testosterone levels are on the decline. It is safe for daily use with no known side effects.
Prime Male is a product of Roar Ambition, which is dedicated to natural health research and testosterone boosting supplements. The ingredients in Prime Male have passed several clinical studies to prove their effectiveness, and the results have been published in scientific journals.
All orders are shipped on the same day or the next day. The expected delivery time in the US or Canada is two to four working days by USPS Priority and a day or two by FedEx. Orders to Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico are sent by USPS Priority and the expected delivery time is five to ten working days.
International delivery by USPS International to Canada is five to 15 working days, and to Mexico, up to 40 days. Delivery time in the UK is one to two working days, while for the rest of Europe, it varies from one to six working days depending on which delivery service you choose. For the rest of the world, the expected delivery time is five to 15 working days.
You can return unopened and unwanted items by contacting customer support within seven days of receiving your order.
- 1,600mg of D-Aspartic Acid Calcium Chelate (D-AA-CC): This amino acid and neurotransmitter trigger the release of luteinizing hormone (LH), which stimulates the testes to release more testosterone.
- 10 mg of Black Pepper: It increases the bioavailability of the other ingredients.
- 5mg of Boron (as boron amino acid chelate): Boron may increase testosterone metabolism, i.e., help convert the total testosterone in your body into free testosterone. Boron does this by reducing your blood levels of SHBG, which binds itself to testosterone and prevents the body from using it. It also decreases estradiol, the female hormone, which can cause your testosterone levels to decline. Boron amino acid chelate is more bioavailable than other forms.
- 120 mg of Korean Red Ginseng 4:1 extract (root): Korean ginseng or Panax ginseng enhances testosterone levels, boosts libido, and improves sexual performance.
- 60 mg of Luteolin: It blocks the production of the female hormone estrogen and stimulates the androgens to make more testosterone.
- 100 mg of Magnesium (as magnesium citrate): This mineral increases both free and total testosterone. However, you need to be active to enjoy the testosterone boost from magnesium.
- 300 mg of Ashwagandha Extract 4:1 (root): This herb, which has been used in ancient Indian Ayurvedic medicine for hundreds of years, has testosterone-boosting properties.
- 160 mg of Nettle Root 10:1 extract: The lignan compounds of nettle prevent SHBG (sex hormone-binding globulin) from binding itself to testosterone and create free testosterone. Nettles may also decrease estrogen levels.
- 7.5 mg of Vitamin B6 (as P-5-P): Vitamin B6 stimulates androgen receptors, which signal your testes to start pumping testosterone into your bloodstream. Vitamin B deficiencies are linked to lower testosterone levels.
- 4000 IU of Vitamin D3: Vitamin D is significantly linked to testosterone production. Men with Vitamin D deficiency have lower testosterone levels.
- 45 mcg of Vitamin K2 (as Menaquinone-7): Vitamin K2 enables Vitamin D3 to work better in your body. Vitamin K2 also helps boost testosterone.
- 30 mcg of Zinc (as zinc citrate): Zinc stimulates the pituitary gland to release luteinizing hormone (LH), which is needed to stimulate testosterone production in the testes.
- Enhanced energy
- Leaner muscles
- Weight loss
- Stronger bones
- Elevated mood
- Greater libido
- Lower blood pressure
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Controlled blood sugar levels
- Optimal prostate health
- Healthier skin
- Enhanced cognitive function
Take one capsule four times a day with a meal or snack.
- Natural ingredients
- Scientifically proven benefits
- Has an Enhance version for better sexual performance
- Fast worldwide shipping
- The website does not have enough information
- No satisfaction guarantee
#5. TestRX – Testosterone Pills & Vitamins To Boost Testosterone Levels
TestRX is made with premium natural ingredients that have been proven to boost natural testosterone levels and stimulate muscle growth. It is primarily a bodybuilding supplement that pushes your body to make more testosterone.
The product is made at a cGMP-compliant facility in the US, and the company offers a Certificate of Freshness if you want. It is also backed by a hassle-free 67-day money-back guarantee. You can try the product for 60 days, i.e., two containers. If you are not 100% satisfied, you can return the two empty containers within 67 days from the time of delivery to get a full refund minus shipping charges. If you ordered more than two containers, you could return the unopened containers along with the empty ones to get a full refund.
In the continental US, TestRX is delivered within two or three days by express shipping or within seven to ten days by regular mail. Orders placed outside North America take up to two weeks to be delivered. You have to bear any tariffs, taxes, or duties imposed by agencies in your country.
- ZMA (zinc monomethionine aspartate), Magnesium Aspartate, Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine): ZMA boosts HGH (human growth hormone) and testosterone and may also help your immune system and energy levels.
- 300 mg of Fenugreek Seed Extract (50% Saponins): Furostanolic saponins contained in fenugreek likely boost testosterone production by inhibiting the enzymes that convert testosterone into estrogen.
- 1,140 IU of Vitamin D3: Vitamin D is significantly linked to testosterone production. Men with Vitamin D deficiency have lower testosterone levels.
- 20 mcg Vitamin K2 (MK4): Vitamin K2 may reduce bone loss, stabilize testosterone levels, and help the cardiovascular system.
- 5 mg of Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCL): Vitamin B deficiencies are linked to lower testosterone levels.
- 200 mg of Magnesium (Magnesium Aspartate): This mineral increases both free and total testosterone. However, you need to be active to enjoy the testosterone boost from magnesium.
- 10 mg of Zinc (Zinc Monomethionine): Zinc plays such a vital role in testosterone production and preservation. Low testosterone levels are often related to a zinc deficiency.
- 2300 mg of D-Aspartic Acid: This vital amino acid regulates testosterone and growth hormone levels. It supports the production of luteinizing hormone (LH) in the pituitary gland. LH stimulates the Leydig cells in your testes to produce and release testosterone.
- Boosts your body’s natural testosterone production
- Helps you build lean muscles
- Helps oxygen flow throughout the body
- Helps you recover faster
- Gives you more energy and strength
- Helps you lose weight
- Gives your libido a push
Take two capsules in the morning and two before dinner.
- Made with premium natural ingredients
- Made at a cGMP-compliant facility in the US
- Fast shipping
- 67-day money-back guarantee
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping only on select packages
How We Selected These Best Testosterone Boosters To Boost Testosterone Levels:
We’ll begin by explaining how we chose only five testosterone supplements from the huge list of products on the market. Here are the factors we took into account:
#1. Natural Ingredients
You can boost testosterone with the help of anabolic steroids, too. However, it’s illegal to take testosterone boosters steroids unless directed by a doctor, and they pose quite a few side effects in the long run. The products we have selected are all made of purely natural ingredients.
But don’t think these are just any random ingredients. Some of them, such as ashwagandha and Korean red ginseng, have been used in ancient Indian or Chinese medicines for centuries. They have now been clinically tested and combined with other well-researched ingredients to make a potent formula. You can see all the ingredients in our reviews and also understand how they will work in your body.
All the products we have listed have no known side effects unless, of course, you are allergic to one of the ingredients. Usually, they don’t react with other medications and supplements either. However, we would still recommend that you consult a doctor before using any product regularly. If you have any adverse reactions, consult your doctor at once.
#3. Clinically Tested (preferably by third-party labs)
Almost all the products we have suggested contain clinically tested ingredients. You can use them without a doubt and expect to see positive results within a few weeks.
#4. Money-back Policy
These supplements are not cheap. And, they have to be used for about two or three months to notice any results. But what if you do not see the desired results? To make sure that you do not experience further stress and frustration over something that’s meant to prevent these conditions, we have tried to list at least a few products that have a money-back policy. If you don’t see any results, you return the empty and unused containers, if any, and get your money back.
#5. Brand Reputation
We have listed only products from brands that have been on the health and fitness market for quite some time. They know what they are doing, and their products have proven to be effective over the years.
#6. Customer Reviews
At the end of the day, it’s the customer who decides whether a product is worth buying or not. We went through as many customer reviews as possible to make sure that the products have got mostly positive feedback from them with few reported side effects.
A Buying Guide: Natural Testosterone Supplements For Men
We have suggested what we think are the best testosterone booster supplements on the market. However, if you’d like to do some market research on your own, we’d suggest that you follow this buying guide. Here’s what you should look out for:
#1. Know Your Need
Just because you are facing some symptoms of low testosterone, such as loss of strength, irritability, or low libido, do not jump into buying a natural testosterone booster. Other health conditions may also cause one or more of these symptoms. Consult a doctor first, undergo any tests s/he may recommend, and then follow her/his advice. If indeed your testosterone level is low, you can ask the doctor about supplements and start taking one if advised.
#2. Check The Ingredients
All reputable brands list their ingredients and explain how they work in your body. So, check the list carefully. There are various kinds of products on the market. Make sure that the supplement you have chosen indeed helps enhance testosterone levels in the body. Here is a list of some of the ingredients that may help boost testosterone levels in your body. For every ingredient, you’ll find the link to a scientific study to prove that the ingredient may benefit you in that regard.
- D-Aspartic acid
- Vitamin D
Make sure that the product you have chosen has no known side effects. Most of these products are meant for long-term use. They won’t boost your testosterone levels permanently. But how safe are they in the long term? If necessary, consult your doctor about that. Make sure your chosen product won’t make your condition even worse.
#4. Returns Policy
There’s no shortage of natural testosterone boosters on the market. But, the number of bogus products is high, too. One of the ways to figure out the genuineness of a brand and its products is to check whether it offers a satisfaction guarantee. Remember that supplements have no FDA backing as a cure for anything. Even the results you see may not be so tangible, and it may be a few months before you are sure that the pills have worked. To ensure that customers do not feel cheated, the best brands offer a 100% money-back policy if you are unhappy with the results. Look for this offer to avoid the risk of losing your money.
#5. Customer Feedback
Look up all the customer testimonials you can find online. Find out whether they have benefitted from the product, suffered any adverse reactions, and whether the company abides by its customer policies. If anything is amiss, it will be reported for sure.
FAQs On Testosterone Supplements
Q: How do I know if I have low testosterone?
A: Are you above 30? Do you feel tired more easily than before? Do you feel a lack of urge for sex? If you answered “yes” every time, you may be suffering from low testosterone. Other symptoms can include depression, weight gain, irritability, and even blood sugar and cardiovascular problems. If you consult your doctor, s/he will possibly ask you to undergo a blood test.
However, the test results can be a little ambiguous. For example, if you are below 50, testosterone levels between 8 and 31 nmol/L (nanomoles per liter) are considered normal. Now, that’s quite a broad range, and if you never got tested previously, you wouldn’t be able to figure out whether you experienced a sharp drop.
So, it’s also important to listen to your body as well. If you are suddenly feeling lethargic, struggling at the gym to lose belly fat that cropped up out of nowhere, and feeling no passion for sex, you may try a testosterone supplement for a few weeks to see if it improves your symptoms—but, with your doctor’s permission.
Q: Will these supplements boost my testosterone levels permanently?
A: Unfortunately, no. You have to keep taking these supplements to enjoy the effects. The ingredients are natural, and they have a temporary effect on the body. You have to take breaks, of course, to make sure that your body does not get too used to the supplements. However, the effects will vanish if you take a long break.
Q: For how long should I take the natural testosterone booster?
A: Since these supplements contain natural ingredients, you can keep taking them for as long as you like. However, if your body gets too used to supplementation, you may stop seeing any improvements for a while. Or, if you take a break after a long time, the adverse effects may hit you like a bomb. So, you should always take occasional breaks, say after every month, for a week or two.
Q: What if my testosterone levels increase too much after supplementation?
A: Usually, that happens due to anabolic steroid use, which pumps testosterone into your body from outside. These supplements only help your body produce adequate testosterone. If you stick to the dosage and take timely breaks, you should not face the issue of your hormones going crazy. Yet, look out for symptoms such as acne, headaches, aggression, mood swings, excessive sex drive, increased appetite, insomnia, swelling of feet, sudden weight gain, etc. If you notice one or more of these symptoms, consult a doctor at once and get a blood test done. Excess testosterone can lead to heart or liver problems, hypertension, infertility, low sperm count, and prostate enlargement.
Q: Are these testosterone boosting supplements legal, and do they contain any banned substances?
A: All the supplements we have listed contain purely natural ingredients and no anabolic steroids. They are completely legal in the US. However, your country may have a different law, where some herbs may be banned. If you are into professional sports, check the regulations in your country about these supplements. Some ingredients, even though natural, may be banned.
Q: How else can I increase my natural testosterone levels?
A: To begin with, avoid a sedentary lifestyle. Exercise regularly, lift weights, eat more proteins, carbs, and fats (while maintaining healthy levels), spend more time under the sun to get a healthy dose of Vitamin D, take vitamins and mineral supplementation, get at least seven hours of sound sleep every day, try to avoid stress, and avoid eating out of plastic containers, which contain chemicals that tend to mimic the female hormone estrogen.
Q: Which foods should I eat, and which ones should I avoid to maintain healthy testosterone levels?
A: Here are some foods that you may try regularly eating to boost your testosterone levels: fatty fish like sardines and salmon and fish oil, leafy dark green vegetables such as spinach, cocoa products such as dark chocolate, pomegranates, berries, avocados, oysters and other shellfish, eggs, ginger, garlic, onions, honey, lean red meat, etc.
At the same time, avoid these foods if you have low testosterone: soy and dairy products, mint, alcohol, bread, sugar, baked goods and confections, desserts, foods containing too much omega-6 fatty acids such as vegetable oils, licorice root, and too much flaxseed and nuts (they have a lot of health benefits when eaten in small or moderate amounts).
Concluding – Best Testo Booster To Raise Testosterone In 2022
So, we have come to the end of our reviews of the best testosterone boosters on the market. We hope we have been able to clear your doubts about the loss of testosterone with age and why you need to maintain healthy levels of it.
Among all the products we have reviewed, we would suggest TestoPrime as our first choice because it contains most of the crucial ingredients needed for boosting testosterone levels naturally and, at the same time, offers customer-friendly services, including a money-back guarantee.
The other products also contain a healthy dose of testosterone-boosting ingredients though they have their share of pros and cons. You can choose one according to your preference or look for alternatives online. However, we would suggest that you follow our buying guide while doing so.
But before you buy a testosterone booster and start taking the supplement regularly, we would strongly suggest that you consult a doctor and work according to her/his recommendations. We wish you good health.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!