If you watched a bodybuilder back in the day, then you’d know there was a focus on squats. You’d probably also see sets of leg presses, but given some of the new things we’ve learned about the dangers of the leg press, it’s been replaced with a much more joint/low back-friendly alternative—the Plie Squat. This workout routine will pound your legs—forcing them to grow. Tim McComsey, a personal trainer, registered dietician, and regular expert contributor to Men’s Fitness and HUMANFITPROJECT demonstrates the workout.
For the complete details on our TIMELESS workout program, go to mensfitness.com/TIMELESS.
If you’re looking for an entire package of training programs to help you achieve your best body possible—DOWNLOAD the updated version of The 21-Day Shred and the SHRED SERIES. FOLLOW Mike on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
THE LEG WORKOUT
1. Barbell Squat 4 x 8 rest 90 sec
2. Plie Squat 4 x 10 rest 60 sec
3. Barbell Romanian Deadlift 4 x 8 rest 90 sec
4. Dumbbell Lying Hamstring Curl 3 x 10 rest 60 sec
5. Barbell Bridge Off Bench 3 x 10 rest 45 sec
6. Standing Calf Raise 4 x 8 rest 45 sec
7. Rope Cable Crunch 3 x 12 rest 60 sec