In Phase I of the Eternal Beach-Body Workout Plan, you improved your core strength and boosted muscular endurance. If you followed Phase I faithfully, you left your ego in your gym locker and used light weights for high-rep sets, concentrating on conditioning the smaller muscles that stabilize your joints. We’re sure it wasn’t the most fun you’ve ever had in the gym, but it was a necessary start. Now you’re ready for Phase II—and if you do this phase right, you should immediately start to reap the benefits of the foundation you’ve built.
The goals now are to build muscle size and explosive strength. That means doing the kind of training most guys like best—using heavier weights and gradually increasing recovery time as you decrease the number of reps you perform. These workouts improve your athleticism and jump-start the muscle gains you need for a truly impressive beach physique. The exercises in the earlier part of the phase (Week 5) prepare your body for more complex moves later on (Weeks 7 and 8). This eliminates any weaknesses that would prevent you from getting the most out of these harder exercises, and prepares your body for Phase III.
Perform each workout (1, 2, 3, etc.) once per week, resting at least a day between each session. You’ll complete three workouts per week. Though many of the exercises will be the same, you’ll perform a slightly different workout each session.
How to do it
Perform the exercises as straight sets, completing all the prescribed sets for an exercise before moving on.
Unless otherwise stated, use the heaviest weight that allows you to complete all the prescribed repetitions for each set. For most of these exercises, you’ll need to be conservative. Focus on keeping perfect form and completing each rep without momentum.
- Workout 13 (Phase II, Week 1, Workout 1)
- Workout 14 (Phase II, Week 1, Workout 2)
- Workout 15 (Phase II, Week 1, Workout 3)
- Workout 16 (Phase II, Week 2, Workout 1)
- Workout 17 (Phase II, Week 2, Workout 2)
- Workout 18 (Phase II, Week 2, Workout 3)
- Workout 19 (Phase II, Week 3, Workout 1)
- Workout 20 (Phase II, Week 3, Workout 2)
- Workout 21 (Phase II, Week 3, Workout 3)
- Workout 22 (Phase II, Week 4, Workout 1)
- Workout 23 (Phase II, Week 4, Workout 2)
- Workout 24 (Phase II, Week 4, Workout 3)
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!