Travel removes us from our routine and throws us out of sync. To alleviate the stresses of being on-the-go while trying to keep up with our fitness, we asked trainer Tim McComsey, C.P.T., correspondent to HumanFitProject and founder of TRyM Fitness, to demonstrate a simple dumbbell workout that can be done anywhere.
Complete the circuit for 3-5 rounds. Take 30-60 seconds of rest in between rounds.
1. Dumbbell row to shoulder press
- With two dumbbells at your side, slightly bend forward at the hips.
- Pull the dumbbells up while squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Lift the dumbbells up to your shoulders and press overhead.
2. Dumbbell squat to lateral raise
- While holding two dumbbells at your side with your feet slighty wider than shoulder-width, sit back into a squat position.
- When your quads/thighs are nearly parallel with the ground, drive upwards while raising the dumbbells to your sides.
3. Rear delt row to deadlift
- Hold two dumbbells at your side with your palms facing inward.
- Bent forward at the hips, raise your elbows up, then return to the start position while keeping your back straight and head forward.
- After completion of the delt row, stand up straight (deadlift) then return back to the row position.
- Place your hands at shoulder-width with your back straight and core braced.
- Lower yourself slowly and explode upwards.
5. Mountain climbers
- While in the pushup position with your core braced, alternate bringing each knee toward your chest as rapidly as possible.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!