A new year means new resolution-minded members crowding your gym. But even if your workout facility is busier than usual, you can still get a 20-minute fat-burning workout. Just keep in mind this simple system: lower body, push, and pull. To maximize your routine, grab a pair of dumbbells and a bench and you’re good to go.
If you have heavier dumbbells, here’s what you do:
- Bulgarian split-squats (no weight), high reps
- Chest press with dumbbells
- Dumbbell rows using those same dumbbells
If you only have access to lighter dumbbells, here’s what you do:
- Use weights on the Bulgarian split-squats
- Incline press or flat press with high reps
- Dumbbell chest-supported rows
Do the three-move circuit three or four times before proceeding to another round of exercises.
- Dumbbell reverse lunge OR Dumbbell Romanian deadlift
- One-handed dumbbell overhead press
- Any type of rowing or pulling exercise (TRX row or any variation of pullups)
Craig Ballantyne is well-known fitness expert and creator of Turbulence Training – a popular high-intensity weight loss system. For more on Craig, visit TurbulenceTrainingFanpage.com.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!