It doesn’t matter if Jason Statham is playing a hero or a villain—he’s always a badass. Whether he’s Deckard Shaw chasing after Vin Diesel and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson in the Fast & Furious series, battling alongside Sylvester Stallone in the The Expendables, or killing bad guys in The Mechanic, Statham brings his roguish British charm and shredded muscles along for the ride.
Statham gets into fantastic shape using an intense training routine he developed with trainer Logan Hood, who helped the actors of 300 get ripped enough to play Spartan soldiers. During his time preparing for The Expendables, Statham blasted his abs, chest, and arms with routine that had him working out six days per week while doing interval-based training, squats, barbell lifts, kettlebell swings as well as pushups and pullups.
Statham is known for doing his own stunts on his films and despite being nearly 50 years old, the action star has shown no signs of slowing down.
On top of reprising his role as Shaw in the highly-anticipated film The Fate of the Furious—where he’ll have to team up with former foe Luke Hobbs, played to musclebound perfection by The Rock, to take on Diesel’s Dom Toretto, who turns against his old friends—Statham will battle against a 70-foot monster shark in Meg, which is slated for a February 23, 2018 release. (Watch the trailer for Fast 8 here and get a glimpse of the fight between Johnson and Statham.)
Just like these 24 other ripped celebrity dudes—including The Rock, Vin Diesel, Kevin Hart, Nick Jonas, and Henry Cavill—Statham likes showing off his muscular physique and rock-hard six-pack on social media.
Here are 11 times that Jason Statham was a real-life badass on Instagram:
11. Statham teases the start of filming on the Fast & Furious spinoff Hobbs and Shaw:
View this post on Instagram
Day 1 on “Hobbs & Shaw” movie. Getting the instructions from an old pal and the Director of our film @davidmleitch. Massive respect to you Dave for the incredible vision and scope you have planned for this movie. There are big things to come! The other big thing to come will be arriving imminently, that’s if he can peel himself away from his stack of pancakes. My partner in crime on this one, the colossal and world wide loved and respected @therock Just warming things up for you brother! See you on British soil soon. #HobbsAndShaw @universalpictures
10. The pushup challenge is no problem for Statham—and it’s for a good cause:
9. Statham has one of the best sets of six-pack abs in Hollywood. Need more proof?:
If you want to get your six-pack shredded just like Statham, check out our list of the 30 best abs exercises of all time or 5 exercises you can use to work your abs to exhaustion—trust us, you’ll be glad you did.
8. Statham’s muscular physique includes bulging pecs and delts along with his rock-hard abs:
7. Statham straps on the boxing gloves for a training session in the gym:
6. Statham is not someone you want to mess with if you bump into him on the street:
5. Statham prepares for his anti-hero role in The Fate of the Furious (a.ka. Fast 8) with some kickboxing training:
Want to try a kickboxing class or a combat workout? Here is the ultimate guide for you to pick th right class and the right plan.
4. As if starring in The Expendables, The Transporter, and the Fast & Furious films weren’t enough, Statham has a new franchise going following the success of The Mechanic: Resurrection—he looks ready for action in this badass pose:
3. Statham shows off his massive biceps and shredded upper body as he gets ready for a boxing training session:
Want to get your arms and upper body as jacked as Statham does? Check out these 6 workout routines to pump up your biceps, lats, and core.
2. Statham shows off his rock-hard six-pack, colossal chest, and vein-popping arms:
1. So that’s how he gets his core so shredded—Statham relaxes by the pool as he gets in a quick workout:
Get your core into shape with these plank variations and get the Statham-style abs by trying this 8-move sequence routine.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!