A Quick Note About Nutrition…
If you want to see results, you can’t spend these six weeks living off of beer and burgers. That’s why you’re also going to need to follow DeGood’s six lifestyle and nutrition rules — no exceptions.
1. No alcohol. Hopefully you’ve already gone on your bachelor trip, so save the rest of the celebrating for your wedding weekend. Until then, not a drop. “Alcohol slows your metabolism and reduces the amount of testosterone your body produces,” says DeGood. “Plus the calories from booze adds up quickly without any nutritional value.”
2. Skip the processed foods. “Only eat food you could describe simply: beef, chicken, tomatoes, spinach,” says DeGood. “You wouldn’t order the maltodextrin with a side of cellulose gum at a restaurant, so skip foods that have those ingredients.”
3. Eat carbs wisely. “Carbohydrates turn to sugar which converts to instant energy,” says DeGood. “If you aren’t using that energy up in a physical way, your body will be more inclined to save it as fat.” His solution: Only eat carbs before or after a workout.
4. Take a probiotic and eat at least two cups of non-soluble veggies a day. “If your gut flora is healthy and your digestive system is working efficiently, your body will be able to absorb all the nutrients from the foods you’re eating,” says DeGood.
5. Sleep seven to nine hours a night. It may seem like sleep is time wasted, but you can only train as hard as you recover, which happens when you rest. Plus, a lack of sleep leads to a lack of testosterone, which is key to building muscle.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top