Let’s be very direct here. If your diet sucks, you can forget about abs. You can even forget about a flat stomach, let alone the abs part. Now, while we’re being brutally, and painfully honest, that doesn’t mean the muscles, the flat stomach, or even the abs aren’t attainable. It’s actually quite simple with a little bit of willpower and the right direction.
Inspired by The 21-Day Shred and The 21-Day Shred Cookbook, the Love Handle Elimination Diet Plan is your quick jump start into transforming your diet.
Understand the fact that the only way you will ever see your abs is if you eat fewer calories than you’re eating now.
Have a basic understanding of macronutrients.
1. It’s the building block of muscle, and general cornerstone of your diet.
2. Eat between 1-1.25 grams per pound of bodyweight to aid in recovery and building new muscle.
1. They’re a primary energy source.
2. On strength-training days, consume approximately .5-.75 grams per pound of bodyweight, primarily around your workouts.
3. On cardio or interval training days, consume approximately .25 grams per pound of bodyweight.
4. On rest days, keep your carb intake below .25 grams per pound of bodyweight.
1. Healthy fats play a role in supporting the production of hormones such as testosterone.
2. Consume approximately .3 grams of fat per pound of bodyweight.
Accept the PRIMARY approved foods. These are the key players in the game of getting lean. However, there are additional foods and meal ideas within The 21-Day Shred Cookbook.
Grilled chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon, and eggs
Oatmeal, quinoa, apple, banana, leafy greens* and veggies*
*These foods are predominately fiber, but they are still considered carbs.
Avocado, almonds, natural peanut butter, olive oil, coconut oil
Follow The 21-Day Shred training and meal plan. After completing the program, continue your healthy eating habits with recipes from The 21-Day Shred Cookbook and continue your training with the five maintenance workouts “After-the-Shred.” You can get those at MENSFITNESS.com/AfterShred.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!