Dinner: Turkey Pasta and Roasted Green Beans
- Coarse sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz rotini vegetable pasta
- Avocado oil
- 2.5 oz marinara sauce
- 6 oz ground turkey
- Italian seasoning*
- 2.25 oz fresh green beans
- Minced garlic*
- Garlic salt*
- Lime juice
1. Fill a large stockpot with water. Add coarse sea salt and olive oil.
2. Bring to a rolling boil, then add pasta, constantly stirring for about 11 to 12 minutes (the pasta should be al dente, soft but still firm). Drain and set aside after it has been lightly tossed in some avocado oil (to keep from sticking).
3. While the pasta boils, pour marinara into a medium saucepot and simmer, stirring constantly to keep from burning. 4. Sauté ground turkey and season to taste with Italian seasoning and coarse sea salt. Mix all 3 components together in a deep pan, then set aside.
5. Fill another stockpot halfway with water. Bring to a boil, then add salt and 2 tbsp avocado oil. Drop in green beans and boil for 45 seconds, then toss into a sauté pan that has been preheated with 3 tbsp avocado oil.
6. Sauté green beans in batches with minced garlic, garlic salt (light sprinkle), and a squeeze of lime juice. Toss it around in the pan and it’s ready to serve.
*Somers says he doesn’t measure his seasonings and instead just goes by sight and taste.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top