Special Meal for Vegetarian Candidates: Sautéed Vegetables with a Side of Coriander and Annatto Jasmine Rice
- 8 brussels sprouts
- ½ sweet onion
- 4 oz carrots
- Avocado oil
- Coarse sea salt
- Onion powder
- Black pepper
- Portobello mushrooms
- Minced garlic
- Lime juice
- Coriander and annatto
- 1½ cups jasmine rice
1. Julienne the brussels sprouts, onion, and carrots.
2. In a large sauté pan, heat up 2 tbsp avocado oil. (Note: Never add oil to a cold pan; let it season first.) Add sprouts, onions, and carrots.
3. Sauté for a few minutes, then season to taste with salt, onion powder, and black pepper. Once the onions become transparent, add some roughly chopped mushrooms and 2 tbsp minced garlic.
4. Turn the flame to high, and toss the veg. Do this quickly, as the minced garlic will cause the pan to pop and the garlic can burn very fast. After 45 seconds, toss in 1 tbsp roughly chopped almonds, then dust lightly with paprika and a squeeze of lime juice.
5. To a small pot, add 2 tbsp avocado oil, 2 pinches sea salt, ¼ tbsp coriander, and ¼ tbsp annatto seasoning. Stir in rice until it’s coated in the oil and seasonings. Add water and bring to a light boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 13 minutes.
6. Serve the vegetables over rice.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top