Testosterone & Sex Drive: How Does One Affect Other?
As men get older, it is normal and natural to experience changes in their libido. Stress, medications you take, lifestyle, and more can affect your desire for sex. Testosterone is the hormone that is the driving force behind your libido, and it is also responsible for bone density, sperm production, and muscle mass.
Naturally, you might be on the lookout for natural and safe ways of increasing your low testosterone. This is where taking testosterone boosters can help you.
Without testosterone, you could experience less of a desire for sex, or you might find you are not performing up to your (or your partner’s) standards. A drop in the sexual appetite caused by low testosterone can make a man feel depressed and could have negative repercussions when it comes to romantic/intimate relationships.
This article seeks to show men how they can improve their levels, and in turn, perhaps improve their quality of life. So, let us get started.
What Is the Function of Testosterone?
Estrogen and testosterone are the two main sexual hormones. Men and women alike manufacture testosterone, but men create greater amounts of it. As you may already know, women produce more estrogen in comparison to men.
Testosterone levels go up as a young boy gets older and matures. It is due to testosterone that young men and boys experience greater facial hair and body hair, growth of sexual organs, deeper vocals, and more muscles. It is the driving force behind sperm production as well.
Testosterone levels vary in males during the day. They usually hit their peak during the early morning. Testosterone levels also decline every ten years, roughly about 2% each year after 30 years old.
As a result, you may have less of an interest in sexual activity as you get older, and perhaps fewer hard erections. You may also see a softer muscle tone on your body.
There are other factors, not just aging, that cause low testosterone levels. Here are some other causes:
- Testicular tumors
- Tuberculosis, sarcoidosis, or other inflammatory ailments
- AIDS and HIV
- Treatment of cancers
- Pituitary disorder
- Testicular injury
- Erectile Dysfunction
Regarding Testosterone Supplements and Testosterone Replacement Therapy
When the body fails to manufacture enough testosterone by itself, the condition is known as hypogonadism. Men may seek out testosterone replacement therapy as a means of treating hypogonadism. However, some supplements are murky in the sense that we do not know how well they actually work.
The Endocrine Society, a professional organization consisting of thousands of medical professionals devoted to the study and care of the endocrine system, advises the use of testosterone therapy for people that display symptoms and signs of testosterone deficiency. For men aged 65 and up, testosterone treatment should only be started after the person seeking treatment has gone over benefits and risks.
It should also be noted that 156 controlled trials were analyzed. These trials took place from 1950 to 2016 and involved participants being given supplements that could boost their T levels. The analysis found these supplements offered no benefits for the participants’ sexual function, cognitive function, cardiovascular health, mood, or sexual well-being.
However, the study lacked people with hypogonadism, so results are somewhat murky when it comes to the efficacy of these supplements.
Risks Associated with Prostate and Heart
Testosterone supplements should be explored with caution by people interested in them. This is because they may cause more trouble than they are worth. Some supplements have been studied, only to discover there is a connection between heart problems and the use of testosterone gels in men aged 65 and up.
There was another study conducted in which a group of men under age 65 with heart problems were evaluated against a group of males with healthy hearts. The results showed that both groups of men had a higher probability of heart attacks when using testosterone supplements.
Testosterone Therapy Side Effects: What to Know
As with other medicines and supplements, this testosterone treatment is rife with its own side effects and risks. This is especially true if you attempt to take it in response to the normal aging process instead of trying to actually treat a problem.
The issues that potentially come with these supplements are serious and could be bad news for your prostate and heart.
Here is a list of the complications that can arise:
- Shrinking of the testicles
- Enlarged breast tissue
- Acne flare-ups
- Sleep Apnea
What Else Causes Sex Drive to Decrease?
Low testosterone is a very common reason men have a lowered sex drive. However, there are other causes of this, and by treating those, you may be able to improve your sexual function, sexual desire, and drive.
For instance, there are psychological reasons that could lead to low libido.
- Relationship trouble
Other physical reasons may also create a lowered sex drive. Some reasons behind this are:
- Being obese or overweight
- Having a chronic ailment
- Taking medications such as antidepressants, beta-blockers, opiates
Your doctor can help you figure out what is causing your lowered libido. They may suggest counseling if they believe psychological factors are causing the issue.
Natural Methods to Increase Low Testosterone Levels
Not everyone is suited for testosterone therapy. You can use natural methods as a means of increasing your T levels.
Here are some natural options:
- Get enough sleep at night.
- Get adequate zinc in your diet. One study has already determined that zinc is necessary for serum testosterone level regulation for men. Shellfish, whole grains, and supplements are all ways to get your zinc.
- Get enough potassium. You can eat spinach, bananas, or beets to get enough, as potassium helps synthesize testosterone.
- Get exercise. This is a natural T-boosting activity. It also helps you reduce stress.
- Manage stress in your life or adopt techniques such as meditation that help you lower your stress level.
- Consider an all-natural supplement, such as TestoPrime. TestoPrime is crafted of all-natural ingredients that could help men naturally boost their T levels and enjoy higher sex drive. Ingredients such as fenugreek, ashwagandha, D-Aspartic Acid, and Panax Ginseng make up this revolutionary blend. It is sold online and comes to your door in discreet packaging, and no prescription is necessary.
Let us go in-depth about the ingredients of TestoPrime. We have also included interesting studies for you to review that show just how incredible these all-natural ingredients are.
- Black Pepper Extract: Piperine is a natural part of black pepper, and its purpose is to help you boost your absorption of the other ingredients found in TestoPrime’s blend.
- Extract of Garlic: Garlic is known as an immunity booster, but for this blend, its purpose is to help men boost their metabolic function.
- Vitamins B6: This helpful vitamin has been shown to aid in the maintenance of healthy, normal testosterone levels. It is also useful for the reduction of fatigue, better cognition, and is good for your energy levels as a whole.
- Vitamin B5: In TestoPrime, this is included as calcium pantothenate. It is helpful for converting fat into energy which promotes weight loss. It is also great for testosterone production as well.
- Green Tea Extract: Research indicates that EGCG, a compound found in green tea extract, could assist in preventing the breakdown of testosterone into DHT. EGCG is also known as one of the most powerful and natural fat burners around.
- Pomegranate Extract: Pomegranates possess ellagic acid, which is a potent polyphenol. Ellagic acid is an antioxidant, and studies indicate it supports sex drive and blood flow, which helps you increase your sexual performance.
- Vitamin D: This is a necessary vitamin for all people, but men really need it. Low Vitamin D has been connected to low testosterone, although the reason for this is not known. Studies indicate vitamin D could better the production of testosterone and in turn improve your mood, bone density, metabolic function, and immunity.
- Zinc: Zinc is one of the natural ways men can boost their testosterone level, and supplements like TestoPrime are one way to get it. Studies indicate zinc may slow down testosterone converting to estrogen, and zinc is also one of the necessary ingredients for the creation of testosterone. Purportedly, it helps sperm motility and volume.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek smells wonderful, almost like maple syrup. But, its great smell is not all this plant has to offer. Studies have shown this may boost testosterone manufacturing and could increase men’s metabolic function which promotes weight loss.
- KSM66 Ashwagandha: A patented form of the ashwagandha plant, this may support the production of testosterone. It is also helpful for the improvement of metabolic function, the reduction of anxiety, and could help you increase your sexual performance.
- Panax Ginseng: The Chinese have used ginseng for hundreds of years as a method of treating many health issues. It is a natural way to boost your energy and increase your libido. It is also a fatigue fighter and may give you the energy you need to power through the day.
- D-Aspartic Acid: This is an amino acid that occurs naturally and plays a big role in manufacturing luteinizing hormones. This helps men increase their testosterone level, supports muscles that feel firm, provides better gains when strength training, and promotes weight loss.
You might be wondering what it takes to reap the benefits of TestoPrime. First off, buy the bottles. Go to the website and order a bottle or two. Then, take four capsules each day. You will want to do this with water, and you can do all four capsules right before you eat breakfast each day.
It is best to stick with it, because, after a few weeks, you should begin feeling a difference. Men report feeling stronger and younger, and they also report changes in their body composition.
It works by enhancing the body’s manufacturing of the luteinizing hormone. This sex hormone is responsible for the creation of testosterone. With higher levels of this luteinizing hormone, you may experience higher production of testosterone, which will get you the results you want from TestoPrime.
Another great thing that TestoPrime does is inhibit the conversion of testosterone into estrogen. As you may have guessed, too much estrogen is not good for men’s well-being and health. TestoPrime helps men increase their testosterone levels by lowering the amount of testosterone converted to estrogen.
Here are some of the personal benefits you could experience with TestoPrime:
- Better Muscle Mass
Testosterone has everything to do with your ability to build strength and muscle. You may be able to reverse the consequences of low testosterone and begin packing on muscle during strength training by incorporating TestoPrime into your wellness routine.
- Better Energy
When your T levels are low, your mental and physical energy levels are too. TestoPrime could help you see an improvement in your energy. In turn, you may find you perform better in the gym, in the bedroom, and at work.
On a consumer level, TestoPrime is worth checking out. The company offers a lifetime money-back guarantee; so, if you are not satisfied, you can return your shipment of TestoPrime any time and you will get a full refund on the order.
Aside from this, there are no fillers or artificial ingredients in the blend. The capsule is vegan and easy to swallow. All that is included in TestoPrime are natural ingredients in the form of herbal extracts, minerals, and vitamins.
These ingredients are all proven to be helpful in promoting men’s health, especially when it comes to fighting low testosterone.
Conclusion: Sex Drive Is Effected With Low Testosterone?
There are many reasons why a man might experience a reduction in his sex drive. Lowered levels of testosterone could be the problem, but so could psychological stressors or relationship trouble.
Natural testosterone supplements are one way men can find relief, but they are not for all men. It is best to talk to your doctor about natural ways to bring up your testosterone levels by a testosterone treatment that is safe for you. This way, you can stay safe and healthy but simultaneously improve your quality of life as well.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!