Men’s Journal aims to feature only the best products and services. We update when possible, but deals expire and prices can change. If you buy something via one of our links, we may earn a commission. Questions? Reach us at email@example.com.Sponsored content
This post will guide you through the 10 best keto supplements of 2022.
Trying to get into beach shape isn’t gonna be easy. Even if your goals aren’t that far off, losing weight and getting into shape is difficult. Almost more difficult if your goals aren’t far off. Those final few steps can be a real pain in the butt. But if you go on the keto diet, you will find yourself having a much easier time.
The keto diet is a diet that is meant to put your body into ketosis mode pretty much at all times. Ketosis is when your body switches from burning carbs for energy and instead uses fat. That means the diet is all about taking carbs away from you and putting more fat into the mix, giving your body more to burn. And what it burns is what you’re looking to get rid of.
Switching over to the keto diet isn’t all that hard, since you don’t have to cut out most foods. Just carbs. And you can eat all the meats and fatty foods you want with a lot of leafy veggies in there. But there is a bit of a downside to the switch. It can lead to the “keto flu”, which leads to issues like leg cramps and dehydration.
Any change to the body can lead to issues. This is why you need some help to keep the body on an even keel. And there are keto supplements that are out there to help you get into keto mode quicker, stay that way, and keep your body from dealing with those keto flu issues.
Many contain natural vitamins and minerals such as potassium and calcium that low-carb diets can be short on. Most have electrolytes to replenish and hydrate. Some even contain energy boosters such as caffeine to bring your energy levels up.
Taken together with a regular fitness regimen and low-carb diet—even Atkins or Carnivore—you will shred fat and lose weight. These keto diet supplements are designed to speed up the transition into ketosis while keeping your body nourished and ready to work.
Keto Supplement Ingredients
There are many different ingredients that can make something Keto Friendly. Such ingredients as:
- Apple Cider Vinegar – By crushing apples and exposing them to yeast, then fermenting them with bacteria, you get Apple Cider Vinegar. An ingredient that helps greatly in the weight loss process by making you feel fuller and thus lacking cravings for food. It also helps clear out the system of bacteria, making your body run more smoothly.
- Beta-hydroxybutyrate (BHB) – This is a ketone that the body produces when fasting and dealing with diets like Keto. And BHB is made in the system, it is used by the body for fuel, thus making you ready for action and much more susceptible to weight loss.
- MCT Oil – A kind of fatty oil found most prominently in Coconut Oil, this is much easier to digest fatty oil than others. This in turn leads to the body feeling fuller and thus less desperate for snacks, as well as helping fuel the body up with a ton of energy.
- Electrolytes -Essential minerals in the body that help fuel up the body, keep it hydrated, and properly functioning so you are not sluggish and worn out all day long.
- Magnesium – An electrolyte that is the 4th most abundant mineral in the body. Helps to formulate protein, create energy, maintain the functionality of the muscles, and deliver a much-needed boost of energy.
- Sodium – A mineral that when taken in moderation helps the body stay hydrated by causing the body to retain water. With this in your system, electrolytes will absorb into the body much quicker.
- Caffeine – A natural stimulant that helps kickstart the brain and the body to have enough energy to tackle any problem.
Average Price Range
Getting these keto supplements won’t take too big a bite out of your newly carbohydrate-free butt. The average price range of these is anywhere from $20 to $40, with some of the higher-end labels getting up to around $50. You can find plenty in that range that aren’t all that great but you can find plenty that is going to go above and beyond the call of duty.
Ready to start the keto diet? You can do it alone—but why would you? Keto is hard enough. Make it easier so you can burn fat and lose weight even more quickly, with one of these ten keto supplements.