Men’s Journal aims to feature only the best products and services. We update when possible, but deals expire and prices can change. If you buy something via one of our links, we may earn a commission. Questions? Reach us at email@example.com.Sponsored content
If you want to burn fat and lose weight, there’s nothing faster or more effective than the keto diet. But keto is hard. It’s hard to stick to, and hard to maintain. Ready to give it a try? Here are the ten best keto supplements to help you kickstart your keto diet.
Form pills and capsules to powders and oils, exogenous ketones start your body on the path to ketosis. That’s the state where you’re body is burning fat, rather than carbs, for energy. But the keto diet, a low-carb diet heavy on proteins and leafy vegetables, can be hard on your body. A lot of people suffer from what’s commonly called the keto flu. Many folks deal with leg cramps and dehydration, too.
During its transition to ketosis, the body can feel listless, low on energy, and crampy. These keto supplements are designed not only to give your body exogenous ketones to kickstart ketosis, but many contain natural vitamins and minerals such as potassium and calcium that low-carb diets can be short on. Most have electrolytes to replenish and hydrate. Some even contain energy boosters such as caffeine to bring your energy levels up.
Taken together with a regular fitness regimen and low-carb diet—even Atkins or Carnivore—you will shred fat and lose weight. These keto supplements are designed to speed up the transition into ketosis while keeping your body nourished and ready to work.
Keto Supplements Ingredients
There are many different ingredients that can make something Keto Friendly. Such ingredients as:
- Apple Cider Vinegar – By crushing apples and exposing them to yeast, then fermenting them in bacteria, you get Apple Cider Vinegar. An ingredient which helps greatly in the weight loss process by making you feel fuller and thus lacking cravings for food. It also helps clear out the system of bacteria, making your body run more smoothly.
- BHB – This is a ketone that the body produces when fasting and dealing with diets like Keto. And BHB is made in the system, it is used by the body for fuel, thus making you ready for action and much more susceptible to weight loss.
- MCT Oil – A kind of fatty oil found most prominently in Coconut Oil, this is a much easier to digest fatty oil than others. Which in turn leads to the body feeling fuller and thus less desperate for snacks, as well as helping fuel the body up with a ton of energy.
- Electrolytes -Essential minerals in the body that help fuel up the body, keep it hydrated, and properly functioning so you are not sluggish and worn out all day long.
- Magnesium – An electrolyte that is the 4th most abundant mineral in the body. Helps to formulate protein, create energy, maintain the functionality of the muscles, and deliver a much-needed boost of energy.
- Sodium – A mineral that when taken in moderation helps the body stay hydrated by causing the body to retain water. With this in your system, electrolytes will absorb into the body much quicker.
- Caffeine – A natural stimulant that helps kickstart the brain and the body to have enough energy to tackle any problem.
Ready to start the keto diet? You can do it alone—but why would you? Keto is hard enough. Make it easier so you can burn fat and lose weight even more quickly, with one of these ten keto supplements.