“The kettlebell windmill is one of the most underutilized core and total-body moves in the gym,” Konforti says. “It’s great because it trains rotation and torso stability in one move, making it a complete core exercise. And, having to keep one arm straight up throughout the exercise helps increase shoulder strength, training both shoulder mobility and rotator cuff stability.”
- Stand tall with your feet wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Lift a kettlebell overhead with your right arm, extending arm fully.
- Begin reaching your left arm toward the ground while maintaining the perpendicular position of your right arm with the ground.
- Keep your core engaged and twist your torso until it’s parallel to the floor.
- Reverse the motion until you return to the starting position, all the while keeping your right arm perpendicular to the ground.
- Complete eight repetitions before switching sides.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top