Men’s Journal aims to feature only the best products and services. We update when possible, but deals expire and prices can change. If you buy something via one of our links, we may earn a commission. Questions? Reach us at [email protected].Sponsored content
After the last few months of being stuck inside thanks to a pandemic and the winter, it only makes sense if you’re feeling a little less limber than usual. With beach season near, you might want to start getting your body back into shape. If so, you should start looking for the Best Yoga Classes available.
Now, you may not want to go out to some gym or place of business to take a yoga class with others. That’s totally normal right now. The pandemic is still going on. Luckily, plenty of the Best Yoga Classes out there are able to be streamed from home. And streamed for free or for an easily affordable amount of money.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR
It can be hard to look for the Best Yoga Classes and know what ones are the right ones. You need to know some things to make a smart decision. Some of which are pretty simple. For example, you want to know if a certain class is safe. Nobody wants to jump right into a class that doesn’t know how to do poses safely.
Some other things may not be as obvious. Some classes may be rigid in the “classes” you can take part in. But plenty of people can be a class 1 in one area and a class 2 in another area. A good class understands this and gives you the space to work at your own pace with no judgment.
It’s also good to know if a class has the right expectations. A class where the teacher can adjust to the reality of the class and throw some new poses and such into the mix. Interaction and feedback between student and teacher is also a vital thing you need to look out for. See if a class allows such a thing.
And really, you want to make sure a yoga class is bringing people to it. Because if people are flocking to a class, that means it’s got good word of mouth. And good word of mouth means it’s something to try out.
TYPES OF YOGA
Yoga is not one specific type of workout. There are many different kinds of types and classes. You would be best served looking into the different kinds and seeing which one works for you. Some of the different types are described below.
- Vinyasa Yoga – With this kind of yoga, you’re going to be doing some really athletic moves in a flowing way.
- Hatha Yoga – This is a more slow-paced yoga style, so it is pretty great for beginners.
- Iyengar Yoga – With precise and detailed movements, this yoga will focus on alignment and breathing.
- Ashtanga Yoga – Stay clear of this if you aren’t a beginner, as this is more about physically demanding moves.
- Hot Yoga – Here you do your yoga poses in a hot room to get the body flowing and breathing.
- Restorative Yoga – After a long day, this kind of yoga can really help your body wind down.
BENEFITS OF YOGA FOR MEN
For some reason, people tend to think of Yoga as a practice that is specifically for women. But men can greatly benefit from yoga as well. Some of the benefits that men can get from yoga are as follows:
- You will get a big boost not just in your strength, but also in your flexibility. All of which will make any workouts even easier to do.
- You’ll start to see your weight drop off in a healthy way.
- The enhanced strength and flexibility will also make your body a lot less prone to injuries.
- Yoga is just a great way to get rid of stress after a long day.
- Focus will greatly improve and you’ll just be a lot more centered and driven during the day
Yoga can be a little costly. Some studies have shown that some yoga classes can cost anywhere from $5 to $20, where a monthly membership to a yoga studio can run anywhere from $100 to $200 a month. That is a lot of money that a lot of folks may not be able to roll with right now.
That is why we have done some work for you guys. We have found some yoga classes that are very affordable to take part in. So much so that anyone can take part in them. All you need to do is check out the classes we picked out and choose which one is best for you.
Take part in some yoga now to get limber after a long stretch indoors so you can be ready for beach season.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!