A Classic Hill Spring Workout
1. Warm up with five minutes of running on flat terrain. Start slowly, gradually accelerating until you’re running at about 75 percent effort.
2. Choose a hill with a gradient of 4 to 8 percent – about a highway overpass ramp.
3. Choose two natural landmarks, like rocks or trees, or place objects like clothing or branches at the bottom and top of the hill, about 50 yards apart.
4. Sprint at about 95 percent effort between your two points.
5. Walk back to the starting point.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 six times – or until you feel you’re close to the point of losing either speed or form.
7. Cool down with five minutes of easy jogging.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top