It’s early February, and in the coming week pitchers and catchers will begin reporting to spring training to prepare for the 2018 MLB season. They’ll soon be followed by position players for a month of warmups before the season officially gets underway.
“Pitchers and catchers report” is the magic phrase that signals to baseball fans that the season is on the horizon. Though, for some players, the physicality involved with being able withstand a grueling 162-game season requires year-long prep.
Including spring training and potentially the postseason, some players will participate in upwards of 200 games in a given season. Pulling off such a feat means being in peak physical form all year.
What follows are our 10 favorite off-season workouts that we’ve found on Instagram.
10. CC Sabathia, New York Yankees
9. Noah Syndergaard, New York Mets
8. Luis Severino, New York Yankees
7. Carlos Santana, Philadelphia Phillies
6. Jason Kipnis, Cleveland Indians
5. Jose Reyes, New York Mets
It takes courage to decide to be the best you can be and even after you make this courageous decision it takes effort, on top of effort, on top of effort… are you really up for the challenge? If you are you’re gonna have to prove it, not to the world but to the man in the mirror. One step forward is one step closer to the goal #gohardorgohome #Calmate
4. Andrew McCutchen, San Francisco Giants
3. Yunel Escobar, free agent
2. Giancarlo Stanton, New York Yankees
1. Marcus Stroman, Toronto Blue Jays
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!