It feels good to be the king—of Instagram.
Sports stars are some of the most dominant figures on social media, and this year, the proof is in the numbers—athletes like Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, LeBron James, and Stephen Curry have millions of followers, making them some of the biggest names on Instagram.
Forbes put together a list of the most-followed athletes on the social media platform. Unsurprisingly, soccer stars dominated the list—among the top 15 only three other athletes made the cut: NBA superstars LeBron James and Stephen Curry, and boxer Floyd Mayweather. Just like some of the top ripped celebrities killing the workout game on Instagram, these players love to show off their physical prowess on social media.
Here’s a look at the biggest Instagram sports stars of 2016:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo – Real Madrid, La Liga – 82.9 million followers
The soccer superstar came in first on the list. with nearly 20 million more followers than fellow soccer player Neymar. Ronaldo (who crushes back workouts in his training, by the way) scored his most popular post of the year with his photo kissing the trophy after Portugal’s victory in the Euro 2016 tournament:
2. Neymar – Barcelona, La Liga – 62.6 million followers
The Brazilian soccer star had a pretty big year—he helped his home country win the gold medal at the 2016 Summer Olympics. Unsurprisingly, Neymar’s most popular photo was one of him on the pitch wearing his gold medal.
3. Lionel Messi – Barcelona, La Liga – 60.1 million followers
While many consider Messi to be the best soccer player in the world, when it comes to Instagram, he’s third behind rival Ronaldo and teammate Neymar. Messi’s most popular post of the year was one of him hanging with his huge pet dog.
4. James Rodriguez – Real Madrid, La Liga – 27.2 million followers
Ronaldo’s teammate ranks two behind on the list. His most popular post of the year was a shot of himself holding the 2016 UEFA Champions League trophy in the team locker room.
5. LeBron James – Cleveland Cavaliers, NBA – 26.4 million followers
The NBA superstar brought home the first championship to the city of Cleveland in decades. Unsurprisingly, James’s most popular post was one of him holding the Larry O’Brien Trophy with his defiant Kermit-sipping-tea hat.
They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc…. But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
6. Gareth Bale – Real Madrid, La Liga – 24.6 million followers
7. Zlatan Ibrahimović – Manchester United, Premier League – 21.3 million followers
8. Ronaldinho Gaúcho – Brazil National Team Legend – 18.3 million followers
9. Luis Suárez – Barcelona, La Liga – 18.1 million followers
10. Karim Benzema – Real Madrid, La Liga – 16.1 million followers
11. David Luiz – Chelsea, Premier League – 15.1 million followers
12. Andrés Iniesta – Barcelona, La Liga – 14.9 million followers
13. Marcelo Vieira – Real Madrid, La Liga – 14.3 million followers
14. Stephen Curry – Golden State Warriors, NBA – 13.9 million followers
15. Floyd Mayweather – Boxing – 13.8 million followers