Adidas Baseball is ready to go ice cold for the 2019 MLB All-Star Game. Adidas recently released the special edition “Iced Out” Pack of sneakers and cleats, created and inspired by MLB All-Star players like Aaron Judge and Alex Bregman. The gear will make its debut during 2019 MLB All-Star festivities July 8-9, in Cleveland.
The “Iced Out” Pack was created for the All-Star level player who has “ice in his veins” and can stay calm under pressure, something Judge knows how to do all too well. The colorway of the new collection features blends of white, grey, and ice-blue, along with crystal graphics around the upper as well as the Adidas Badge of Sport logo frozen over with ice.
The footwear in this collection include the adidas adizero Afterburner 6 ($110), adidas Icon V Boost Cleat ($130), and the adidas Icon V Trainer ($90). All the pieces of the collection are made with custom design details and are engineered for top sports performance for athletes.
Drip that won’t quit 💧
— adidas Baseball (@adidasBaseball) July 6, 2019
Here’s a detailed rundown of the features of the shoe and information on how each was created (info courtesy of Adidas):
adizero Afterburner 6
• Specifically created for Baseball’s fastest All-Stars, the “Iced Out” adizero Afterburner 6 is designed with an aerodynamic sneaker profile.
• Making a statement with a white and ice blue colorway, the cleats are highlighted by asymmetrical, icicle-inspired textured lines throughout the cleat’s upper, inner and outer sides. Additional design details include blue crystals that are dusted like a snowfall along the cleat’s midsole.
— adidas Baseball (@adidasBaseball) July 8, 2019
• At the forefront of innovation, design and craftsmanship, the adizero Afterburner is engineered with a lightweight upper for speed and features a widened anatomical lacing system to deliver a custom lockdown fit.
• A reinforced TPU toe cap provides abrasion protection and structure for lateral movements and sprints between the bases. The comfortable-yet-durable upper sits atop a full-length LITE STRIKE EVA MIDSOLE for increased cushioning and comfort.
• The cleat is powered by a silver electro-finished SPRINTFRAME plate that’s designed with both metal and secondary TPU studs, which provides optimized traction while minimizing weight in order beat out tags and steal bases. ($110)
Icon V Boost Cleat
• Specifically designed for the dynamic and versatile Baseball athlete, the Icon V Boost makes an “Iced Out” statement with a predominantly white colorway highlighted with blue detailing.
• Built with a breathable mesh and a sneaker-inspired upper with TPU overlays for added stability and protection, the cleat’s fit system draws inspiration from high street and incorporates gore bands from the adidas innovation library for ease of entry and ankle support.
• A back-lacing configuration with silicon lace loops provides a lockdown fit with ankle mobility for the ultimate sock-like fit.
• The design sits atop a full-length BOOST midsole and is powered by a silver electro-finished plate with a PROTRAX 5×3 cleat configuration, providing the ultimate strength and power needed for the athlete’s constant change in direction. ($130)
Icon V Trainer
• The adidas Baseball Icon Trainer is designed to showcase style and built to clock in hours at the batting cage and practice field.
• Featuring an all-white and grey colorway, the entire Iced Out-inspired design sits atop a full-length Bounce midsole and is powered by a semi-translucent blue outsole.
• Ice crystal graphics are placed along the cleat’s vamp, which sits above a reinforced TPU toe cap. ($100)
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!