Players in the inaugural season of Premier League Lacrosse will have some stylish threads for their new uniforms. As part of the multi-year partnership with the PLL, Adidas has designed the uniforms for the six teams in the league.
The new uniforms will make their official debut on the field over the weekend of June 1 and 2 in Boston for the first games of the PLL season at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass. The jerseys are designed for performance and are inspired by the “the speed and energy of the game and fusing it with iconic 1980’s references and imagery,” according to a press release from Adidas.
“As the Creator sports brand, we set out to both challenge the status quo and blend the past with the future,” said Todd Rolak, Sr. Designer for adidas U.S. Sports, in a press release. “We’ve created and delivered some radical, game-changing concepts that showcase our vision for the sport and highlight each team with unique tonality, team crests, graphics, and typography. These concepts serve to help elevate each team’s identity and foster new lacrosse club communities.”
The PLL will open their inaugural season on June 1, 2019 with a game between Archers LC and Chrome LC at 1 p.m. ET. The overall weekend will have three games between six teams, with two games on Saturday and one game on Sunday. The second game of the Saturday doubleheader will be between Whipsnakes LC and Chaos LC, while Sunday’s matchup will be between Atlas LC and Redwoods LC at 2 p.m. ET. (Check out the full PLL schedule here.)
The PLL features a total of six teams, including the Archers LC, Atlas LC, Chaos LC, Chrome LC, Redwoods LC and Whipsnakes LC. Here are some descriptions of each of the team uniforms, with info about the inspiration and design, courtesy of Adidas.
- Archers – Taking the theme of a sharpshooter and centered around the design elements of an arrow, Archers LC uniforms are detailed with feather fletching graphic elements on both the sleeves and short panels. To complete the package, Archers LC helmets are donned with an arrow from the team logo.
- Atlas – Featuring a bull as a statement mascot that represents size, strength and speed, Atlas LC jerseys integrate a topographical pattern to pay homage to the team name. With baby blue and white as the base colors, the shorts are adorned with a bull horn to accentuate the team mascot. To finish out theme, Atlas LC helmets feature a bullhorn from the team mascot and team moniker on the back.
- Chaos – Chaos is defined as complete disorder and confusion, which is exactly what would happen to someone in the center of swarm of scorpions. Highlighted by the team moniker on the chest, a repeating scorpion inspired graphic adds a battle armor of texture to Chaos LC’s jersey. Additional design details include a scorpion logo on the left arm and helmet.
- Chrome – Inspired by the regal armor of knights and demonstrating strength and flair, Chrome LC jerseys blend references of knighthood with an 80’s inspired flair. Featuring a chainmail graphic pattern, the black home jersey showcases a knight’s helmet on the chest and Chrome moniker on the lower back. The white away jersey features the Chrome’s moniker on the chest laid over a video game inspired grid graphic pattern and the knight’s helmet on the lower back. Finishing touches include wings that adorn both the home and away helmets.
- Redwoods – Representing the unforgiving wilderness of the forest, Redwoods LC jerseys are ingrained with a graphic tree pattern that forms three vertical stripes and are complemented by a brown bear in the team crest. Completing the head-to-toe look, the green home helmet features the graphic tree pattern to match the jersey. The white away jerseys draw inspiration from the trunks of the majestic giants, coming to life as three maroon vertical stripes and the away helmet is highlighted by the team crest.
- Whipsnakes – To signify the lightning fast and venomous strike of a snake, Whipsnakes LC jerseys are anchored by a team crest that closely resembles the shape of a coiled snake that creates an outline of a lacrosse head. Both home and away jerseys incorporate a tonal snakeskin graphic pattern and are decked out with the Whipsnakes’ moniker on the lower back. The final strike for the Whipsnakes is the “Whips” nickname emblazoned onto their snakeskin pattern helmets.
And here are some more looks at the unis:
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!