For hockey players, getting through the grueling NHL season is no easy feat. It’s 82 games of hard-fought skating, slashing, and big hits, which can leave players bruised and bloodied by the end—and that’s not even factoring whether their team makes the playoffs or not.
Whether it’s Washington Capitals star Alex Ovechkin banging out squats and hitting the bench press over the summer, speedster Michael Grabner coming up with new drills to help him get faster, or Toronto Maple Leafs youngster William Nylander crushing single-leg lifts, squats, cleans, and deadlifts, as these guys told Men’s Journal, it takes time and dedication to in the gym to be an NHL pro.
Just like their counterparts around the sports world, including NFL player Russell Wilson NBA stars like LeBron James and Jimmy Butler, and MLB powerhouses like Bryce Harper, Giancarlo Stanton, and Mike Trout, these NHL players love sharing their workouts on social media.
Here’s how 27 NHL players train:
27. Kris Letang, Pittsburgh Penguins
26. Tyler Seguin, Dallas Stars
25. James van Riemsdyk, Toronto Maple Leafs
24. Anthony Duclair, Arizona Coyotes
23. Wayne Simmonds, Philadelphia Flyers
22. Steven Stamkos, Tampa Bay Lightning
21. Jonathan Toews, Chicago Blackhawks
20. Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals
19. Seth Jones, Columbus Blue Jackets
18. Claude Giroux, Philadelphia Flyers
17. Brendan Gallagher, Montreal Canadiens
16. Artemi Panarin, Chicago Blackhawks
15. Michael Grabner, New York Rangers
14. Max Pacioretty, Montreal Canadiens
13. Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Arizona Coyotes
12. David Pastrňák, Boston Bruins
11. Scott Upshall, St. Louis Blues
10. William Karlsson, Columbus Blue Jackets
9. Seth Jones, Columbus Blue Jackets
8. Joffrey Lupul, Toronto Maple Leafs
7. Nazem Kadri, Toronto Maple Leafs
6. William Nylander, Toronto Maple Leafs
5. Ryan Johansen, Nashville Predators
4. Aaron Ekblad, Florida Panthers
3. Evander Kane, Buffalo Sabres
2. P.K. Subban, Now New Jersey Devils
1. Alex Galchenyuk, Montreal Canadiens
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!