The NBA playoffs are a grind.
After pushing through 82 regular-season games, players must run through a gauntlet of tough teams, night in and night out, stretched over two months as they try to win a championship.
To have the strength, endurance, and power to get through that grueling schedule, players spend countless hours in the gym getting in shape. Whether it’s heavy rope workouts, agility drills, dumbbell moves, deadlifts, or sled pulls, these players know what it takes to get strong for the postseason.
Here’s how 31 players got shredded and built muscle for the 2017 NBA playoffs.
31. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
30. Bobby Portis, Chicago Bulls
29. Jaylen Brown, Boston Celtics
28. Jae Crowder, Boston Celtics
— JAE CROWDER (@CJC9BOSS) September 4, 2016
27. Dahntay Jones, Cleveland Cavaliers
26. Dante Exum, Utah Jazz
25. Deron Williams, Cleveland Cavaliers
24. Al Horford, Boston Celtics
23. Channing Frye, Cleveland Cavaliers
22. Marcus Smart, Boston Celtics
21. Jimmy Butler, Chicago Bulls
20. Tristan Thompson, Cleveland Cavaliers
19. J.R. Smith, Cleveland Cavaliers
18. Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers
17. Dwyane Wade, Chicago Bulls
When most athletes get told that they're out for the remainder of the season due to a freak injury, well most would just shut it down and do nothing. @dwyanewade ain't most athletes, and I'm not the type of trainer that lets one of my guys just tap out. Especially if there's any chance that we can remedy the problem. We working smart, staying sharp, and keeping him game ready! @dbcfit #ChangingTheGame #WhereDoYouTrain
16. Derrick Favors, Utah Jazz
15. Paul Pierce, Los Angeles Clippers
14. Gordon Hayward, Utah Jazz
13. Kevin Love, Cleveland Cavaliers
12. Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs
11. Rudy Gobert, Utah Jazz
10. Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
9. Boris Diaw, Utah Jazz
8. Iman Shumpert, Cleveland Cavaliers
7. Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
6. James Harden, Houston Rockets
5. Pau Gasol, San Antonio Spurs
4. Paul George, Indiana Pacers
3. Steph Curry, Golden State Warriors
2. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
1. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!