1. Jaguars at Patriots, 3:05 p.m., Sunday
Let’s be honest: Before the season started, not a single soul thought the Jaguars would be in the Championship Game—not even the most diehard Jacksonville fan. Nobody. But here we are.
That said, “Sacksonville” will have its hands full against Tom Brady and the Pats on Sunday, as the teams fight for a spot in football’s biggest game.
Interesting factoids for the title game:
- Tom Brady is undefeated against one AFC team. Yep, it’s the Jaguars, at 7-0.
- The game is a rematch of the 1996 AFC title game, during which Tm Coughlin was the Jags head coach and Bill Belichick was the Pats secondary coach.
- According to Jags defensive back Jalen Ramsey, the Jags are “goin to the Super Bowl” and are going to “win that b**ch.” So there you have it. Why even play the game?
Interesting factoids from the Divisional games:
- Tom Brady is 17 games above .500 in the playoffs. No other QB even has 17 postseason wins.
- The 45-42 Pittsburgh/Jacksonville thriller was the highest-scoring Divisional Round game in NFL history.
- Leonard Fournette (4) had more rushing TDs at Heinz Field than LeVeon Bell (3) this season. And that’s considering Fournette played two games there while Bell played half the season there.
- Unlike most people, former Pittsburgh linebacker James Harrison didn’t watch the PIT/JAX game.
- With the win, Blake Bortles has as many playoff wins as Joe Namath, Michael Vick, and Tony Romo each had.
- There are only two teams in NFL history to beat the Steelers twice in one year at Heinz Field—the 2007 Jaguars and the 2017 Jaguars. Jags fans must be pumped for 2027!