After a long absence from the Octagon, Ronda Rousey is ready to return—and she got shredded for it.
Rousey last fought back on November 15, 2015 against Holly Holm, losing in a stunning upset for the UFC Women’s Bantamweight Championship. The devastating knockout kick pushed Rousey away from the sport and put her future in question, but now she has the chance to take it all back with a win against Amanda Nunes at UFC 207.
The “Lioness” wore a lion mask during her weigh-in with Rousey ahead of the fight, but Rousey brought her muscular physique and punishing desire to win. Rousey has basically been media-silent for the run-up to the fight, but one place she’s been active is on Instagram, posting photos of her workouts and progress as she trained for the match.
Here are 15 posts that show how shredded Rousey got for UFC 207.
15. Rousey said she trained harder than ever while preparing for her return to the Octagon:
14. Rousey showed off her musclebound back as she hit the speed bag:
13. Rousey works on her agility and speed with a jump rope workout:
12. Rousey’s training transformed her body—take a look at her before her fight against Cat Zingano from February 2015 compared to late 2016:
11. Rousey works to stay limber and hit her core:
10. Rousey shows off her muscular arms and powerful legs as she works on her striking:
9. Rousey tightened things up for this fight—look at the definition in her back and abs:
8. Rousey showing off her powerful-looking back:
7. Rousey working on her takedown skills—she may really need them in UFC 207:
6. Rousey’s abs are toned and her body is looking as strong as ever:
5. Rousey takes out some rage on the punching bag:
4. Rousey shows off the fruits of her labor:
3. Rousey took no chances and built up her power for this fight:
2. Rousey working on her ground game:
1. Rousey’s ready for the fight with Nunes—flashing her million-dollar smile and deadly fists at the weigh-in:
Performance Inspired is the official sports nutrition supplement of the UFC, find out more by clicking here.