Jamal Liggin is ready to grind this offseason—so you’d better believe his players are, too.
Over the last decade, the Los Angeles-based NFL trainer has established himself as one of the best in the business, helping pros like Odell Beckham Jr. and Ryan Clady get faster, stronger, and better on the field with unique speed drills and workouts.
The 2017 offseason is no different.
Liggin is once again working with dozens of NFL players as they get ready for OTA workouts, offseason programs, and, of course, training camp later in the summer. But Liggin’s not only working with current NFL players. He’s also working with retired star Marshawn Lynch—his former high school classmate—as the running back mulls a comeback. Actually, Lynch looks ready to return to the NFL with the Oakland Raiders.
“When they want to get faster and work on agility, quickness, and vision, I’m right there and ready for them whenever they call,” Liggin told Men’s Fitness in February 2017.
The video below shows off just some of the stuff Liggin and his team are doing with his players, including boxing training, heavy rope workouts, intense cardio and treadmill runs, cryotherapy, kettlebell workouts, and, of course, his one-of-a-kind “tennis ball drill” that helps players with hand-eye coordination, reaction time, vision, and explosiveness:
Over his career, Liggin’s worked with hundreds of athletes in different sports like soccer, tennis, boxing, mixed martial arts, and hockey—he’s also trained entertainment superstars like Sean “P. Diddy” Combs and Naomi Campbell—but football is central to Liggin’s training career.
Some of the other players he’s working with this offseason: Atlanta Falcons safety Dashon Goldson, free agent and former Seahawks safety Jeron Johnson, Seahawks safety Bradley McDougald, free agent and former Dolphins linebacker Spencer Paysinger, Raiders quarterback Connor Cook, Eagles tight end Zach Ertz, Minnesota Vikings receiver Laquon Treadwell, Jaguars wide receiver Marqise Lee, Broncos cornerback Bradley Roby, Jaguars tight end Marcedes Lewis, Browns center Marcus Martin, Eagles wide receiver Alshon Jeffery, and New York Giants superstar Odell Beckham Jr.
Here’s a look at how Liggin is helping these 13 players get shredded, ripped, and ready for training camp:
13. Dashon Goldson, Atlanta Falcons, Safety
12. Jeron Johnson, free agent, Safety
11. Bradley McDougald, Seattle Seahawks, Safety
10. Spencer Paysinger, free agent, Linebacker
9. Laquon Treadwell, Minnesota Vikings, Wide Receiver
Here’s Treadwell, Paysinger, and McDougald all working out together with Liggin:
8. Alshon Jeffery, Philadelphia Eagles, Wide Receiver
7. Marcus Martin, Cleveland Browns, Center
6. Marcedes Lewis, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tight End
5. Bradley Roby, Denver Broncos, Cornerback
4. Marqise Lee, Jacksonville Jaguars, Wide Receiver
3. Connor Cook, Oakland Raiders, Quarterback
2. Zach Ertz, Philadelphia Eagles, Tight End
1. Odell Beckham Jr., New York Giants, Wide Receiver